Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 Months


Yay for 4 months! We survived the hardships of the first 3 months, which are usually the toughest, and now on to bigger and better things...

EATING - I have still been exclusively breast feeding. I haven't tried giving her a bottle since she was three months old, but I will try again soon. I'm pretty sure she won't take it again, so thats why I am not in much of a rush. I nurse her on demand, which seems to be at least once an hour, sometimes more or less. With all that nursing she does, she has become my little chunky girl...well, chunky for one of "my" kids. lol. I made an attempt at offering baby food to her, but she was not a fan. This was a bit disappointing because I was really looking forward to her enjoying it so that Aaron could feed her the baby food when he was home. I tried for a couple of days, trying different flavors, but she continued to push most of it out and would often gag, so I will try again when she is five or six months old.

SLEEPING - She definitely does not sleep much during the day, which sometimes is a decent trade off for better sleep at night. She only sleeps for about 10-20 minutes every few hours, sometimes more, sometimes less. Its a very unpredictable schedule so I definitely don't plan my day around it. The only consistency she has developed is going to bed around the same time, between 8:30 and 9:30pm. Most nights she will sleep through the night, waking up around 5 or 6am, feeding, then going back to sleep for a little bit longer, but there are still nights she will wake at least once, sometimes twice. She is still sleeping in her pack and play next to my bed and she will remain there until I'm ready to move her to her crib after she is 6 months. She hasn't began to roll over yet, so she remains asleep on her boppy, swaddled to help her sleep longer.

PLAYING - She has become more aware of sights and sounds and can grab on to a few things. She is definitely getting close to rolling to her tummy from her back, so I'm just waiting for her to surprise me. Her favorite thing to eat is her hands and fingers because she won't take any teething toys.

TALKING - well...more like babbling. Lots of oooohs and aaaahs and a few random squeals. She has been smiling more, also once in a blue moon, I get a laugh from her and it's music to my ears...I love it! I can't wait till she laughs more often.

TEETHING - Is it over yet?!? lol, but seriously, teething is definitely one part of motherhood that is so crappy. The worst part is that is last soooooooo long. Why do babies have to teethe so long before they even actually get a tooth or teeth? Elyse started teething as soon as she turned 3 months old and one month later, still nothing. No surprise. Lyra began teething at 5 months and her first tooth didn't break the surface till she was about a year old! I am a fan of the Hylands teething tablets, so I give her 3 of those and that usually helps, along with wearing herself out from crying.

MISC. -
Being able to carry her in the baby carrier facing out has been a big help. She is not a fan of being in her carseat and since she doesn't sleep during the day much, as long as I put her in the carrier when I am out in a store, then that will allow me to have a little more time to get in and out without her fussing or crying.
She has outgrown her newborn clothes and wears 0-3 month now.  I was very sad to put away her newborn clothes because one, they are so tiny and cute and second, I won't have another baby to use them on :( I'm hoping somebody I know needs girl clothes in the future so that I don't have to donate them to just anybody.
Wearing size 2 diapers which means she is just one size away from Lyra. Lol. It won't be long before she catches up to Lyra.


No comments:

Post a Comment