Sunday, April 7, 2013

32 Weeks...and dragging!




With every passing week I have less and less energy. I still have a hard time sleeping at night because I toss from side to side so I wake up feeling unrested. My chances of getting a nap in during the day is slim to none, depending on what Lyra and I are doing that day. At this point, all I want to do is sit on the couch and prop my feet up...anything beyond that is a challenge. Even just sitting on the floor and playing with Lyra becomes a difficult task. Last week I bought Lyra a wagon, which turned out to be a big hit, she loves it. If the weather is nice out and we are home, I will take her out to ride it once, sometimes even twice a day. I know the walking is good for me and it's nice to get out for fresh air when we don't have any errands to run that day.

I had a doctor's appointment last week in which I had an ultrasound to check Elyse's position and my fluid level. I was happy to hear that my doctor wanted to do this much earlier than 36 weeks so in case there were any abnormalities, like with Lyra, then we would be able to act in advance. So...all checked out well! Her head was down and my fluid levels looked good...awesome! I have another appointment next week and before I know it I'll be holding my baby girl.

Lately I have been reminiscing of the first few months with Lyra, in order to mentally prepare myself for what is to come...AGAIN! The benefit of having another baby so soon is that not enough time has passed to have blocked all the bad moments from my memory. I have to think about it a little harder, but OH I REMEMBER! I'm really dreading the sleepless nights more than anything. I'm hoping that Elyse is going to be much easier than Lyra. Hopefully I will carry her to 39 weeks which will allow her to weigh more at birth and then I won't have to stress over supplementing her with high calorie formula and I can just focus on breast feeding for the first few weeks. Having to breastfeed, pump, and supplement with formula was stressful and overwhelming with Lyra which caused me to give up breast feeding very quickly.

My baby shower is next weekend, but this time I'm just having a "diaper and wipe" shower. We are lucky to have most of all that we need since we are having another girl, so the more diapers and wipes we can get the better...the other small items I need I will pick up over the next few weeks. My goal is to have everything ready by 36 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment