Sunday, March 10, 2013

28 Weeks...And A Name!

I'm counting down the weeks till this pregnancy is over, but at the same time, I have been reminding myself how much more exhausted I'm going to be once it's over, so I better enjoy my life with just one kid and a non-interrupted night's sleep while it last!

Yes, it really is that big!
I think a few of the things that I'm looking least forward to would be: waking up every 2-3 hours, breast feeding, and being in the hospital for 3 days without Lyra. She will be in good hands with Aaron and his mom and I will see her during the day, but I know I will miss playing with her and not being the one the puts her to bed. I have always been the one to bath her and go through our usual bedtime routine, so I wonder how she will do without me.
It took many attempts to get this picture, thus the half smile on my face. 
I had a doctor's appointment last week for my glucose testing and a pertusis shot. I wasn't looking forward to taking Lyra with me since I knew I would have to wait an hour to do my blood work, but I was prepared with a bag of toys and the time passed quicker than I anticipated. I made the mistake of getting my shot in my right arm. I was distracted by Lyra of course and wasn't even thinking about my arm being sore afterwards, so now my arm is sore and it has not been pleasant to reach for anything.

I have been feeling the usual fatigue. The bigger my belly gets, the more difficult it is to be mobile while chasing a one year old. My sleep at night still sucks....still toss and turn during the night. Some nights are better than others. Even sitting has become uncomfortable, adjusting one way or another to be comfortable and able to breathe.

Letters I made to hang
Elyse Leighann Robilotto...that's her name! I have had her name picked out for quite some time, unlike with Lyra. I saw the name "Elyse" on Facebook before I was even pregnant and really liked it. I liked that it sounded close to my  mother's middle name, Alicia, so then I thought since I was using my Mom's middle name, I could also use my Dad's middle name, Leigh, but add the -ann to make it more feminine. It took me a while to decided if I really liked it, but the more I said it, the more I began to love it and knew it would be a perfect way to honor my parents...I know they would like it!

The letter I made that hangs outside the nursery door
At my doctor's appointment on Friday, all went well. Heart beat sounded good and my doctor set my c-section date for May 21st...as long as all continues to go well and we don't have a repeat of Lyra's situation. With that said, I was glad to hear that my doctor wanted to give me an ultrasound before 36 weeks this time, just in case. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, so I think that will be when I will have an ultrasound done.

The nursery is coming along, slowly but surely. I'm still in the process of painting the furniture, just have the dresser left to finish. Next, I would like to paint an accent wall, then I can hang her letters and get the crib put together. I also want to purchase a rocker for the nursery. I don't want to take Lyra's out of her room because I use it every night to sit and read her books.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 8 lbs
Maternity clothes? Wearing my prego jeans much more now and leggings are a nice fit as well.
Stretch marks? No :)
Sleep: I wish. Only have 2 options, side to side, sucks.
Best moment this month: Announcing the name...I'm very proud of it.
Miss anything? ME time...taking a shower by myself is the closest thing I get to it!
Movement: Always kicking and squirming. It pretty neat to watch.
Food cravings: Still just apple juice.
Anything make you queasy or sick? No, not lately.
Gender: Still a girl!
Mood: Tired. Tired. Tired.
Looking forward to: Not having this belly to carry around and being able to sleep on my back or stomach again.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you and Lyra. That is a beautiful name you have picked out for your new little princess!

    ReplyDelete