Wednesday, December 12, 2012

10 Months!

Ha Ha...obviously not a happy moment!
13 lbs 13 oz
27in

About the pic: Lyra was not a fan of the sticker, she kept picking at it and trying to pull it off, but of course I wouldn't let her. Usually she doesn't pay that much attention to it, but this time she wouldn't give up. I also had a hard time getting a picture because she kept crawling away. It was near impossible to get a picture, so this was one of the few that I was able to get...unfortunately without a big smile! I tried all day for another one, but she just wouldn't cooperate. 
These last four weeks have been full of surprises...crawling, pulling up to standing, eager to walk, and of course her personality!! As with each new development, it's been bittersweet...it's exciting, yet scary and stressful. I love that she is growing, but it's also like "oh great, now you can stand and reach everything...ugh!"

The last two weeks were dreadful. Lyra had an awful combination of diaper rash and diarrhea! I really didn't think I was going to survive it. She slept in my bed, next to me, those two weeks so I could be there to change her quickly since I kept her out of a diaper during the night. I also kept her out of a diaper as much as I could during the day...that was a huge mess! I have never done so many loads of laundry over a weeks time, but it was worth it to see the results of the rash healing without a diaper on. I felt so bad for her and wished so much that I could trade places with her, it was heart breaking and I couldn't wait for it to be over. It took about a week and a half for all to heal. Aside from going to the doctor or making a quick stop to buy ointment, we were trapped at home all that time...that's what made it worse for me and I know Lyra didn't like it either since she loves to be outside.

Ever since Lyra has become a little more mobile, she has been a little more pleasant to be around...I think I say this every month and I probably will for a while because it's true...but she is still impatient and quick to anger...seriously, she definitely does not have my laid back personality! I know once she gets older and is able to communicate and mobilize herself better, she might simmer down. For now, I know she gets frustrated easily because she can't do everything that she wants to do. One of my least favorite times with her is driving in the car...I guess she really hates sitting in her carseat. Sometimes it's a fight to get her in and once I stop the car, she already trying to break free . You would think I was going to just leave her there and walk off or something! Maybe she will like it better when she gets a bigger carseat, but she will still have to face the back so I don't know. It really frazzles my nerves to have to listen to her scream while I drive. On a good note, she can be quite the ham. She is a big smiler and likes to be around other kids and people, as long as I'm holding her, of course! She has the cutest laugh and that is definitely one of my most rewarding moments.

Its fun to watch her turn into a little person and becoming more independent, but now I really have to be on the ball with keeping the house clean. She finds every little piece of the tiniest crumb or anything of the sort on the floor...really?!? While in the kitchen, I try to keep her in her walker so I don't have to worry about her finding things on the floor and putting them in her mouth, otherwise my eyes must be on her at all times....she's quick! lol. Luckily our couches and ottoman are soft and have round edges, but there are a few other furniture pieces that I will have to baby proof once we move. Thankfully the new house already has baby proof outlet inserts so I don't have to worry about those. We mostly need to get baby gates.

I signed her up for Gymboree classes and we have been going for the last 2 weeks. I figured since she was climbing and crawling all over the house, she would really enjoy a place that she could climb and crawl without limitation...well, she wasn't as excited as I thought she would be. She's not a fan of trying new things right a way and gets overwhelmed very easily. The first class I took her to, she cried through most of it, but then I started taking her to the open gym times to help her get more comfortable with the environment and that has helped a little. The entire room is set up as an obstacle course, most of it she is not old enough to go through, but will crawl on the mats and sometimes I can get her to go up an angled mat and even slide down a slide.

I took Lyra to see Santa at the Memorial City Mall on Monday and I was pleasantly surprised that she did so well. I really thought she was going to freak out without me holding her, but she didn't. It was quick and painless.




Here are a few other things she has been doing:

*Clapping
*Rubbing her hands together
*Still say Da-Da for most things, but also says Na-Na and Ya-Ya
*Likes to take things apart
*Finally fitting into some 6 month clothes
*Still takes 3 naps a day, ranging from 30 min to 2 hours
*Sleeps in her crib, usually 10 hours...8:30pm-around 6am
*tends to be shy and timid towards trying new things

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable! I love reading about all the things that she is doing. I am going to have to meet her sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete