Friday, November 23, 2012

We didn't waste any time...Here comes baby #2!



Yep, that's right...I'm pregnant again, only 6 months after Lyra was born and YES, we planned this! Some say we are crazy and others say it's the best way to do it...we agree with both! lol. We are in our early thirties and we don't have the energy we once had in our twenties...we are losing energy by the minute! My initial plan was to wait till at least Lyra was one year old till we started trying again. I knew I wanted my kids close in age, mostly because we're not getting any younger and my mom always told me never to wait more than two years, but I didn't anticipate that I would want to be pregnant any sooner. Obviously, everything changes when you have a kid. You think you have life all planned out and life will continue to go as planned once that baby arrives, but we were clearly mistaken....but it wasn't all bad. It was extremely challenging the first few months, but once things started to settle down, I also reached a point where I realized my initial theory "waiting a year to get pregnant would be the right time and we would be more prepared" went out the window and my new realistic theory became "there is NO right time for a second child, it's going to be tough no matter how long we wait, so why not get all the sleep deprivation out of the way"....so that AND "I really didn't feel like beginning the routine of taking birth control every day so let's skip it and start trying" is what drove us to make this crazy decision!

Dr appt @ 11 weeks

So now my new life challenge has been surviving my first trimester and tending to my infant! In the last two weeks I have gained my energy back, but the first few weeks after finding out were tough. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was instantly exhausted and hungry all the time and to make it worse, Lyra was still waking up several times during the night; needless to say, I was on the verge of of losing my mind and patience and was constantly grumpy. My saving grace was when Lyra finally started sleeping through the night about six weeks ago and since then, I have been feeling better.

Being pregnant the second time around has been very different than the first. Now having Lyra, my mind is constantly distracted so that leaves me very little time to think about my pregnancy. I definitely don't nurture my body the way I did the first time...eat and drink plenty, rest, and stretch! I do eat more than I did before I was pregnant, but prob not as much as I could if I didn't have Lyra to attend to all day. REST...I wish! The only time I really get to rest is after Lyra is asleep for the night and pray I sleep well. I stay physically active by entertaining and playing with Lyra all day...up and down, up and down, but I never make time to stretch my body. Any time I find time to myself, I tend to enjoy the couch with my feet up! The best part of being a dance teacher while pregnant with Lyra was that I constantly stretched my body.

So far this pregnancy has been exactly the same...no morning sickness, same level of exhaustion, eat about the same...maybe a little more, and have gained the same amount of weight at each doctor visit so far. The only biggest difference is my bump is a little bigger than last time, but that was to be expected for a second pregnancy. With that...I think maybe it's a girl again, but who knows!

My tiny bump, but it's there! 
Here are a few questions that I will update with you each month...

How far along? 13 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 2 lbs
Maternity clothes? No, just my jeans are too snug on the waist, so using a hair tie to button them.
Stretch marks? Thankfully no.
Sleep: As long as Lyra sleeps through the night, then so do I. I can still sleep in any position.
Best moment this month: getting to see the baby on the ultrasound and hearing the heart beat.
Miss anything? Having the option of drinking beer or wine.
Movement: I know it's too early to feel kicks, so just feeling air bubbles for now.
Food cravings: bad stuff, like fast food!
Anything make you queasy or sick? No
Gender: Won't know till January, but I THINK it's a girl.
Mood: Content since Lyra has been sleeping better and I have gained some energy back.
Looking forward to: Finding out if it's a boy or girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment