Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Half Birthday!

This last month has been so much fun to watch! Lyra is a rolling machine...sadly, I had to say good bye  to the days of laying her on her blanket and knowing she would still be in the same spot until I picked her back up. She has also started reaching for everything and wanting to hold everything I have. She is especially enthusiastic about the remote control, my laptop, and my capri suns! The first time I experienced this new activity was while having lunch with a friend, I had Lyra on my lap as usual while I ate and if it wasn't for my friend who was apparently paying better attention than I was, my salad bowl would have ended up on my lap three different times! Needless to say, I have been paying closer attention to what is in her reach range.

Being a Mommy is so hard! Sometimes I don't know how I do it all. Motherhood gives a whole new meaning to "multi-tasking". I catch myself trying to do what feels like a million things at once and wonder how I'm still standing....well, I really don't have another option. Most days I feel like a single mom, except fortunately I get a paycheck each month without actually having to go to work.  Everyday I'm on my own while Aaron works hard for us and goes to grad school twice a week. Chores, errands, dinner, and taking care of Lyra are always at the top of my list, anything else like the time I get to visit with friends is icing on the cake. Some days are easier than others and once this scorching heat goes away and the fall weather returns, I'll be more motivated to get out of the house. We have a great little area near our house called the City Centre. It has a great turf area that Lyra will love to play on once it cools down outside.

I wrote this on the Facebook wall of my Motherless Daughters group I am a part of..."I was thinking this today as I watched my baby girl play today...I am so lucky to have a baby girl that looks just like me! I wish I could see my mother's face in reaction to our similarities and hear all her stories of how she took care of me when I was a baby, but since I can't have that, I feel that God gave me the next best thing...my mini me! When I look at her, while playing or sleeping, I know exactly how my mother felt and what she thought when she looked at me...Its like I am my mother, looking at me as a baby. I know my mother is with me always and one day I'll get to hear her voice again." I think about this EVERY SINGLE DAY. I like to tell Lyra all the things her grandma would be doing with her...and all the nice breaks I would get :) 

Even on the hard days, I have been blessed to stay home to take care of Lyra, especially since she still wakes up in the middle of the night...I REALLY miss my sleep! Our typical day includes waking up around 7 or 8am. We move to the living room and turn on our morning cartoons...Bubble Guppies, Little Einsteins, Octonauts, and Doc McStuffins. She takes a bottle and some kind of fruit before her first nap. She still naps often throughout the day, every 2-3 hours, for as little as 30 minutes or as much as 2 hours...just depends what we are doing, everyday is different. She will nap longer if we are home, but less if we are out. I try to mix it up during the week with staying home and venturing out, Lyra defintely prefers to be out of the house. Anytime she is crying or fussing, as soon as I step outside with her, she is instantly fine. I try to get chores done around the house when I can. I can usually get her to play in her bouncer or some other activity while I work a few minutes at a time, but somedays nothing works and I have to wait till she naps which by that time I'm exhausted from entertaining her and I need a nap, too! Around 3pm, she gets her next feeding of solids, this time vegetables. She actually does really well with them and prefers it over fruit. By 6pm it's bath time and waiting for Aaron to get home if he doesn't have school. Once Aaron is home, we spend the next few hours trading times with Lyra to give each other breaks and then around 9 or 10 but lately, even as late as 11pm, she will finally go down for the night! Before I know it...I'm up again to start the day all over!

We had her 6th month check up today, along with the dreadful shots. At least her next appointment will only include the flu shot. I really thought that she had gained more weight, but the scale showed she only gained a single pound...what?!? She feels so much heavier! Her doctor wasn't concerned and said that she already had my high metabolism. She is eating well and looks healthy so she just continues to remain small, like me! She did grow 2 1/2 in in length, which I though was good. 


Cute face!

Of course! LOL!

Ready for her 6 month check-up!



Here are a few other things we have been doing lately:
*Weight: 11 lbs 14 oz
* Length: 25 in
* Eats 6 oz
* STILL wearing newborn size clothes. A few certain outfits fit her in the bigger sizes, but def not the  
  onesies. I have tried, but she is too skinny and doesn't have a long enough torso to fit in 0-3 months 
  yet. lol.
* Lots of rolling - back to belly and belly to back
* Reaches for everything, especially if it is in my hand or on my ears.
* Baby talks very loudly...it's pretty hilarious.
* Is fascinated by her kitties, especially Lola



No comments:

Post a Comment