Sunday, July 15, 2012

Camp Nona in NY!!

This past week, we flew to New York to visit Aaron's family: his parents, sister and her family, and brother and his family. We had a  long three hour flight to get there and I was pretty nervous about it. Surprisingly, Lyra did ok. She had a 5 minute screaming fit each way, but eventually fell back asleep for the remainder of the flight. We decided that we never want to fly with a baby again...too stressful, at least for a flight that long. The best part about the flight to New York was getting to see Beyonce...that's right...Beyonce...and her mom!! She was sitting in the first row, of first class of course. As I walked on the plane, holding Lyra, she smiled and said what a cute baby Lyra was and asked how old she was. It took me a minute to register who I was talking to and just as I responded I said, "OMG I just realized who you are...hi!" Needless to say, I was starstruck, but wanted to keep calm. I really wanted to take a picture, but I knew I couldn't hold up the line by causing a scene, so I thanked her and moved on thinking how cool that was!

Aaron's mom was the only one who had already seen Lyra when she was born, so she got to meet everyone else for the first time. She loved all the extra attention and getting to play with her two cousins, Bella and Christian. She was really overwhelmed at first, since she is not use to being around so many people at once, but she enjoyed herself the rest of the time. Aaron and I played "pass along" with Lyra through the week, taking advantage of all the help while we could. lol.

We couldn't have picked a better week to leave the stormy weather of Texas and visit the cool, sunny weather of New York. It was 80 degrees and sunny everyday...it was so nice! We forget what it's like to live in a city with no humidity.

It's always good to escape the heat of Texas, but it's always nice to come back home! With the time difference, we were exhausted by the time we got home. Traveling with a baby really wears you out.

On the way to the airport...looking out the window!

Ready for my first plan ride

Watching the planes with Daddy

Playtime on the plane...before the screaming fit!

Thank goodness...we made it! lol.

Nona holding Lyra while she napped

A new toy for the week

Staying cool in the shade

Me and Bella enjoying the hot tub

I couldn't wait to get int he hot tub...it was great!

Playtime with cousin Bella
Nap time with Pa Frank

Bella holding Lyra

Robilotto Family Cousins!

Bella and her Uncle Rin :)

Nap time with Daddy


Loved playing with her cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment