Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy 4 Months!

We had our 4 month check up and the dreadful 4 month immunizations today. She wasn't a fan of the shots, so it took about 5 minutes to calm her down, but it felt like eternity! Every time her doctor tells me that she is still in the lower percentile of growth I remind him that I'm a grown woman and STILL in the low percentile of growth. I'm will do things her doctor suggest for weight gain, but I'm definitely not going to let her tiny self concern me unless there is a legitimate medical reason to be worried. One of the things he suggested was to begin the transition to solids by introducing rice cereal, so we will start that in the morning. After leaving the doctor's office, I stopped at walgreens to pick up a box of rice cereal and a package of spoons...it made my heart drop for a minute because I didn't think I would already be buying spoons!! Gosh, they really do grow up so quickly!

My baby girl is growing up so fast, but I'm loving every minute of seeing her change right before my eyes. I do miss how tiny and precious she was when she was born, but I love watching her become more beautiful with every week. Unfortunately she lost all of her gorgeous, dark, and luscious head of hair she was born with, but she has a nice mullet growing in the back to prove what was once there. lol.

I'm so lucky to be able to stay home with her before going back to work in the fall. I get to see every little change in her and get to know her so well.

4 month stats

Weight: 9 lbs 13 oz
Length: 22 1/2 in

*Eats 4-5 oz... on demand!
*Sleeping through the night...occassionally she doesn't, but more often than not.
*Has slept in her crib a few nights and does pretty well. I'm the one who doesn't.
*Holds her head up so well, still a little wobbly of course, but getting stronger every day.
*Loves to kick her legs
*Can roll over to one side...she gets her face in the ground and not sure where to go from there. lol.
*Can grab her toys
*Loves to suck on her hands and fingers.
*Not a fan of pacifiers...I've tried, but she spits them out. She would rather suck on her hands or a bottle.
*Very smiley :)
*Doesn't quite have a full laugh, but she's getting there!
*A very good "talker"
*Still wearing her newborn clothes...I love it! I'm so glad she gets tons of use out of her clothes and I don't have to pack them away so quickly.

LOL...I love this face...cracks me up every time!!! 

Love this one because it looks like she's posing!
Another good "pose"!

These pictures get more difficult to get as she gets to moving more!


Wow...looking back at her 1st month pic, she was so teeny! That onesie was a "preemie" size and look how big it was on her. lol. By 4 months, the sticker def looks a little smaller. You can definitely tell that her hair didn't keep growing with her body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment