Monday, April 9, 2012

If Only I Knew Then, What I Know Now at 31...

I laugh and ponder many possibilities when I say or hear that phrase..."If only I knew then, what I know now"...well, I definitely wouldn't be where I am today, nor the person I am today, that's for sure. There are so many different directions my life could have taken if I had made different choices in my life...if I had chosen a different college, if I hadn't have dated that guy, if I hadn't taken that job...the possibilities are endless, but in the end, none of it really matters and it doesn't do any good to think about anything other than the decisions that were made and to have zero regret for them, good or bad! There's another saying, when you turn a different age..."5 going on 30 or 13 going on 3, etc"...apparently any age before the age of 30 we only THINK we have life figured out, we know all we need to know, what else could we possibly need to know?!? I roll my eyes thinking of myself as a teenager or even better, just five or six years ago...ha ha...I can say now, looking back, I knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about life! But you know, that's just the rollercoaster we ride in life. Everyone has to go through it. Even at 31 now, I know I still don't know much and when I get another ten or twenty years down the road, I'll look back and say the same thing..."If only". 

For my birthday, my best girls and I went to a painting class where we had cupcakes and mimosas while we learned to paint. The concept was pretty cool, but it wasn't as relaxing as I had anticipated it to be. We had to go out for drinks afterwards just to relax after all the stress of painting! It was a three hour class, but it went by pretty quickly because the teacher was moving us along at a quick pace. It was difficult to keep up so we all found ourselves getting behind. Midway through I was ready to snap my fingers and see the finished product. I still had a good time and did something I have never done before.

Celebrating @ The Yardhouse on Friday

All dressed up and ready to go :)

Mimosas...
...And cupcakes!

Add caption
Not too shabby...


We did it!
Dinner and Drinks @ Chili's...Suzanne and Leila

Kim, Courtney, and Me :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment