Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy ONE MONTH!

One Month!
 Has it really been four weeks already?!? As I say that, I'm also thinking that it feels like its been longer! We don't have her one month doctor appointment till next week, so we'll have to wait a little longer on her stats, but I'm very curious to see how much she has grown. Look at all that hair!!!  I just love it. She has pretty long limbs for her tiny body and those eyes are so big, I just wonder what color they will turn out to be. I have dark brown eyes and Aaron has green eyes, but I'm leaning towards her having brown eyes...that's my guess. She DEFINITELY has my nose, "the cleavelin" nose...it's the biggest part on her face, lol.

It's been a very busy four weeks which I'm sure is why the days seem to fly by so quickly. When I'm not feeding, holding, changing diapers, or washing bottles, I'm trying to fit in a nap, feed myself, attend to a few house chores, and even get a little computer time in if she lets me. Once I finally get her down for a nap, I never know if  she will give me only 5 minutes or if I'm lucky, an hour or two so I have definitely learned to do everything twice as fast as I use to. When I describe my day to someone, it sure doesn't sound like I do a a lot, but it sure feels like it.  We have only been out of the house for doctor appointments; otherwise, we have stayed at home. I thought I would get restless being indoors, at home all the time, but I'm so tired, I don't have the desire to get out as I thought I would. I spend the day attempting to be productive or catching up on sleep that I miss throughout the night. With Aaron working and going to grad classes, I of course have the night shifts during the week and they are still rough. Some nights are better than others, but they are so unpredictable, you never know what kind of night it's going to be. The best nights are when she lets me sleep for 3 or 4 hours at a time, but the worst are when she wakes up every 1 or 2 hours, ugh, dreadful. Most of the time she will wake up to feed, then go right back to sleep, but there are times when she wants to be WIDE AWAKE at 2 or 3am, for like two hours...omg...that is definitely my least favorite! When I can tell that is going to be the case, I just go ahead and get comfortable and turn on the tv, watching something to keep me awake till she falls asleep again. The day time is pretty easy, aside from trying to be productive, but as far as her eating and sleeping, it's more manageable during the day. I know it's only been a month and it's going to be a while before she sleeps for longer periods of time, especially with her small size, but I'm really looking forward to when she does sleep a little longer!

On Tuesday, we have an appointment with a orthopedic doctor to examine her hips. Her pediatrician warned us at her first doctor visit that she would need to be examined for hip displaysia, a common issue with breached babies. Since she was delivered early and never dropped while in my belly, she wasn't able to extend her legs, which would help alleviate the hip problems. We were then sent to another appointment in radiology to get an ultrasound done on her hips and from there we were referred to the orthopedic doctor due to the abnormalities shown in her hip joints. The orthopedic doctor will do another full examination and will possibly give her a brace to wear, to help correct the problem. This isn't something we need to be overly concerned about, just need to correct it now, while she is a baby so that when she gets older, she doesn't have to live with painful hip problems.  During all of her doctor appoints so far, she has been such a good little patient. She stays calm and tends to sleep through it, as long as she isn't being poked.

I'll end this with another sweet pic of our one month old baby girl...mommy and daddy are SO proud :)


No comments:

Post a Comment