Tuesday, February 7, 2012

HUGE change of plans...Lyra will be here on SUNDAY! Nope, not joking!

Wow, this day has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions, so I thought I would take a minute to sit and blog while I still remember it all so well; although, I doubt this day will be one I won't forget for years to come!

Aaron and I went in for my 36 week appointment at 8:15am, super excited about getting to see Lyra on the ultrasound and learning about her weight and position. During the appointment my doctor shared her concerns for Lyra's low weight and how low my amniotic fluid was. We also discovered that Lyra was still positioned very high and BREACHED...yep, her head is up by my ribs! That wasn't so much of a concern, since that is pretty common in pregnancies, but since I wanted a spontaneous natural birth, I was then forced to ask many questions in regards to the possibility of a c-section. At that point, the earliest that would happen would be at 39 weeks so I thought, "ok, 3 more weeks...sweet. still plenty of time to get ready." With Dr Jackson's concerns, she then made an appointment for me to go upstairs to the utrasound techs to get a full anatomy ultrasound to further examine Lyra's measurements and levels of amniotic fluid. My appointment wasn't until 1pm, so I had enough time to drive to work and prepare for a sub for the remaining of the day or till I could return from my appointment. In that time I had so many thoughts and emotions going through my mind, but mostly I was preparing myself for the possibility of an early delivery with being told my fluid was low and was just hoping that delivery was not going to happen today...we're NOT ready yet...then again, I don't think anyone ever really is, right?!? One o'clock came very fast considering how anxious I was to find out what was going to happen. The second ultrasound basically confirmed all of Dr. Jackson's concerns...Lyra was measuring 4 lbs 15oz and my amniotic fluid was in the "gray area". Her size could just be that Aaron and I are both on the small side or that my placenta wasn't functioning as well, not giving Lyra all the nutrients she needs to get bigger. On a good note, all of Lyra's other vitals were doing well, but it was finally decided that Dr. Jackson wanted to schedule a c-section for THIS SUNDAY, at 7:30am...like in 5 days, THIS SUNDAY!! OMG!!

So yeah...there you go...

I'm just glad that it wasn't going to happen TODAY. At least we have a few days to process all this and get everything else we need before Sunday. I'm excited, yet nervous, scared, anxious, and REPEAT! I know Aaron is probably freaking out more than I am...because that's how guys are. lol. I have only been able to speak to him a few times on the phone and won't see him till he gets home from his grad school class tonight, but after I called him to give him the news for the 2nd ultrasound appointment, he called me back shortly after to make sure I wasn't joking! Ha!

So ready or not, here we go...wish us luck!!! Can't believe we will officially be Mommy and Daddy in 5 days :)


  1. The least I can say is Good Luck! Best wishes in your new stage of life! Hope all goes well on Sunday!

  2. It will be such an exciting day for yall!!! I'm praying that she comes out and does well and doesn't require going to the NICU. I can't wait to see pics!!

  3. Congratulations!!! I know how scary it is because I went into the hospital with Blake at 34 1/2 weeks. I am so happy you have a few days to do last minute things. You will be just fine on Sunday! I have had two c-sections. Good luck and best wishes to all three of you. I will be thinking of you and hoping for a smooth delivery!

  4. I am so excited for you, Heather and Aaron! I can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl! Thank you for keeping us all up to date! You and Lyra will be in my prayers on Sunday. Love, Aunt Cindy

  5. Wishing you the best! We will praying for you on Sunday.

    Barry and Alane