Thursday, August 4, 2011

9 weeks 3 days...and counting!!

I had another doctor appointment this morning to re-measure the baby and double check my due date...i'm right on track - 9 weeks and still due March 4th!

This time Aaron went with me. It was his first time in a women's doctor's office, so he was a little weirded out at first, but he was feeling better once we got to see the baby on the monitor. It was so amazing to see how much the baby had grown in just two weeks. My last visit, it just looked like a tiny tadpole-like blob and today it actually looked like a mini person. We didn't get to see any movement from the baby, maybe it was still asleep, but we did see and hear the heartbeat again. I love being able to see a visual of the baby, especially since there doesn't feel like there is anything in my belly yet. My only pregnancy symptom is being tired all the time, so it's good to be reminded it's all for a good reason!

I have still been really fortunate not to have any major morning sickness. I have had small waves of nausea, but only if I'm feeling dehydrated or really hungry. I sleep ALOT and I'm loving all the naps I can get in, when I can. I have always loved naps, but pre-pregnancy, a nap in the middle of the day would screw up my sleep schedule for the night and I would be up so late, waiting to get tired again. Now, I can take as many naps as I like, no matter what time of day, and still be exhausted to fall asleep for the night at a decent time. I know, I know...everyone keeps telling me to enjoy it while I can and believe me...I AM!

There really hasn't been too much drastic change to my body just yet, only slight differences in my shape. I wake up every morning checking to see if my boobs got any bigger overnight, lol, but no luck yet...ha ha. Seriously, I'm really looking forward to that perk :) My jeans are beginning to feel a little more snug, I find myself having to unbutton my jeans sometimes, especially after I eat. I have had a few people ask me to post a picture of my "baby bump", but you probably wouldn't even be able to see it yet, so I'll give it a little more time before I post my first one.

Sadly, summer is nearing an end and its back to work in a few weeks. I have one more week of working at the summer camp and then teacher staff development begins the following week. I was able to do a little school clothes shopping and hit up the teacher supply store yesterday. It's even better to be a dance teacher while pregnant since I only need lots of stretchy pants, loose tshirts, and tennis shirts...envy me! lol.

My next appointment isn't for another 4 weeks, but now I have another sweet "peanut" picture to admire till then :) and i'm sure I'll get a baby bump picture to show you before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment