Sunday, July 24, 2011

We are SHOUTING from the rooftops...!


Yeppers...we are PREGNANT! We couldn't be more excited!

The day I took my pregnancy test, I was so anxious. I couldn't decide if I wanted to take the test or just wait a little longer to see if my period would show up in a couple more days, but I had a feeling I would only be wasting my time; then I debated if I was going to take the pregnancy test that night or the following morning, knowing the results tend to be more accurate in the morning since a woman's urine is more potent at that time....ugh, decisions, decisions...I finally decided to take it that evening after dinner because I knew I wasn't going to get a wink of sleep that night if I waited till the next morning! I took the pregnancy test...which by the way was such a nerve wracking ordeal, my heart beating out of my chest, and feeling a little shaky...I caught a glimpse of a potential "+" sign instantly, which freaked me out, so I walked away from the test and went to sit on the couch for at least 3 minutes thinking "how could it show up that quickly?" I waited an extra minute just to be sure I had given the test enough time and when I went back into the bathroom, I took a deep breath and checked the test...yep...it was a "+"! So now...I was regretting buying a pregnancy test that wasn't digital because now I felt the need to take another test, one that would actually say "pregnant". I debated going back to Walgreens, but finally talked myself into it and went to by a digital test...took it and it read loud and clear "pregnant"! SWEET! Now I was content :)

It felt like forever, but two weeks later I had my first doctor's appointment on Thursday. I had to wait around quite a bit since my doctor was called into emergency surgery, but the wait was worth it! To finally have my sonogram and see that there really was a baby inside me and to hear the heart beat was an unforgettable experience! My doctor said that the baby looks very healthy and everything looks great :) I have to go back in two weeks to re-measure the size of the baby...according to my last cycle, I would be 8 weeks, but the baby was only measuring at 7 weeks, so at my next appointment my doctor will re-measure just to be sure how far along the baby is and of my due date. As of now, I will be 8 weeks on Monday and due March 4th!

I have been pretty lucky with my pregnancy symptoms, having little to no nausea. I have to pee more frequently and I'm exhausted ALL.THE.TIME, but other than that, so far so good. I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way.

We look forward to keeping everyone posted on the baby's progress! What do you think we will have?!? We both are crossing our fingers for a girl, but we'll take any healthy gender :)

At 7 1/2 weeks..."Our Peanut"

No comments:

Post a Comment