Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Start Of Summer...

The first week of summer break (and I use the term "break" loosely) has come to an end and boy what a ridiculous busy week it was!! As you know I have taken on the position of Summer Camp Supervisor at Lifetime, the gym I've been working part-time at for over a year now. We kicked off our first week of Summer Camp this week and I'm so glad it's now behind me. It went really well, but with any new job it was certainly a week of trial and error and learning how to balance my responsibilities throughout the day. I put in over 40 hours within the first 3 days of camp, then had to be careful not to work as long the next 2 days. This next week and really the rest of summer camp will be easier now that I have definitely learned how to manage my time better.

I have received a little grief in regards to how full I have made my schedule this summer, but I'm okay with it. The way I see it, I am nearing the end of my time to be selfish and I want to enjoy every minute of it! I want to work and save money while I can and I want to enjoy my time going to salsa practice on the weekends. I know that my life will change drastically when we bring a baby into our lives and I am absolutely content with that, but until then...I'm going to do as much as I can, while I can :)

So one vacation we won't be taking this Summer is our Honeymoon...boo! I'm not very happy about it, but I guess I have come to terms with it, but then again I don't really have a choice. Aaron just started a new job a month ago; therefore, he is unable to ask for vacation days for the next 6 months. I have had several other women tell me that they either never took a honeymoon or they had to wait a long time before they were able to have one....ugh!

Aaron and I visited his cousin in The Woodlands...sigh, I miss that place. We hung out at their community pool and enjoy soaking up some Vitamin D :)




We traveled down south to Pasa-"get down"-dena to attend my cousin Cristina's graduation party. Can't believe she's all grown up and heading off to college...in FLORIDA...makes me feel old! lol. My cousins from Michigan came in town and it was great to get to visit with them since I don't see them very often.

 My cousin Jessica, visiting from Michigan :)

 My cousin Suzy, also visiting from Michigan, and my cousin Celia

 All grown up...the graduate...Cristina - love you, Sunny!

 My Cousins...aka...sisters! Celia, Sunny, Marissa, Melissa, Suzy, Me, and Jessica
Yep, I still look like the "gringa" of the family! :)

 Sunny trying to shove icing on Jessica's face...Sisterly Love...somethings never change!

 My hubby and me...I think this is a good pic of us :) 
NOW...DRUMROLL PLEASE...
.....................................................
This is the last picture of me with LONG HAIR...................
...........................................................................................
 ................................................................................
TA-DA!!!
Yep, I finally did it! I spent the last year and a half growing my hair out for the wedding and it was due time to make it short again. I really did try to keep my long hair for a bit longer, but it seemed like I griped about it more than I enjoyed it and I definitely wore it up in a ponytail more than I wore it down, so what was the point?!? Aaron has been telling me he likes my short hair better for quite some time, so I finally gave in and I'm glad to have my short hair back and it's perfect timing for the summer. It's a freakin' sauna outside, like walking into a blow dryer, so the less hair I have on my neck, the better. By the way, this is "Phase 1". Phase 2 includes color....I'm doing something I haven't done in a very long time...you'll just have to wait to find out :) I have an appointment 2 weeks from now, so I'll be sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment