Monday, April 18, 2011

"She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels..."

Mom,

Four years ago today, we said "good-bye, till we see each other again", but it feels like it was yesterday. Every detail of every memory still plays vividly in my mind. There are not enough words to express the emptiness of my heart that was once filled by you. What I wouldn't give to have one more minute or day with you. I think of you everytime I say a familiar phrase to my kids at school...I bet you get a kick out of that and that happens so often, you must be rolling on the floor laughing! Payback...right?!? Ugh! I'm soooo sorry for being one pain-in-the-ass teenager and maybe even a few more years after that! I'm sorry for every saying, out of anger, that I would never be anything like you...I am JUST like you, but with a little more patience. I thought getting married and walking down the aisle without you would be one of the toughest events of my life...oh boy, I was right, but I made it because I knew you were smiling down on me, holding my hand in spirit. I think of you even more now that I'm headed for the next phase of my life...motherhood...without you. It will be tough and I will get frustrated and sad, but I know you will find a way to guide me, even from Heaven!

I miss you and love you...from Texas to Heaven! Give Daddy a big hug from me! I love you both!

Love,

Heather Marie

P.S. This song says it best...


   Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

It's hard to say goodbye
Her picture in my mind
Will always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry 'cause

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
Don't worry 'bout me
Don`t worry 'bout me

1 comment:

  1. Heather, this was beautiful. I never knew your mom, but I know that she is so, so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete